The New England Journal of Medicine Group has developed a virtual simulation on the treatment and management of suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19:
- There are different levels of cases, ranging from a mild case to an expert case.
- Several tasks can be performed, such as gathering data, developing a differential diagnosis, ordering diagnostic tests, asking for a specialist’s opinion and treating the patient.
- Feedback is giving back once the simulation ends.
- The outcome depends on the patient, the disease factors, as well as the choice of treatments and its timing.
- Each case can be replayed and can result in different outcomes and underlying diseases. Replaying is encouraged in order to experience the spectrum of presentation of the illness.
To learn more or to experience the simulation, visit https://covid19rx.nejm.org/landing/index.html?query=RES&fbclid=IwAR1hpgFiCMXkmMRFOXJ4H4qPEqEAbLNZAwaAEAZlW0jDNnNgngebUBirugM.
- Abdulnour R. Drazen M. Hayden R. et al. (2020 Covid-19 Rx: Treatment Simulations. The New England Journal of Medicine. https://covid19rx.nejm.org/landing/index.html?query=RES&fbclid=IwAR1hpgFiCMXkmMRFOXJ4H4qPEqEAbLNZAwaAEAZlW0jDNnNgngebUBirugM .