- China’s mental health professionals and health authorities are using a variety of online platforms to provide online psychological services during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Through online consultations and 24-hour psychological assistance hotlines, mental health professionals provide support, counseling and crisis intervention.
- Artificial intelligence programs are also used for psychological crisis intervention.
- Online surveys and blogging sites enable a better understanding of the pandemic’s psychological impacts, which help clinical practitioners to provide suitable services.
Review of papers addressing the psychological interventions during the COVID-19 outbreak in China.
- National Health Commission of China. (February 7, 2020) Guidelines for psychological assistance hotlines during 2019-nCoV pneumonia epidemic. (In Chinese). http://www.nhc.gov.cn/jkj/s3577/202002/f389f20cc1174b21b981ea2919beb8b0.shtml
- Jiang X., Deng L., zhu Y., Ji H., Tao L., Liu L., Yang D., Ji W. (February 28, 2020). Psychological crisis intervention during the outbreak period of new coronavirus pneumonia from experience in Shanghai. Psychiatry Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2020.112903
- Li, S., Wang, Y., Xue, J., Zhao, N., Zhu, T. (March 19, 2020). The Impact of COVID-19 Epidemic Declaration on Psychological Consequences: A Study on Active Weibo Users. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17062032
- Liu S., Yang L., Zhang C., Xiang Y-T., Liu Z., Hu S, Zhang B. (February 18, 2020). Online mental health services in China during the COVID-19 outbreak. The Lancet. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2215-0366(20)30077-8
- Xiang Y-T, Yang Y, Li W, et al. (February 4, 2020) Timely mental health care for the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak is urgently needed. Lancet Psychiatry. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2215-0366(20)30046-8
- Zhang J., Wu W., Zhao X., Zhang W. (February 18, 2020). Recommended psychological crisis intervention response to the 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia outbreak in China: a model of West China Hospital. Precision Clinical Medecine. https://doi.org/10.1093/pcmedi/pbaa006
- Zhou X., (February 26, 2020). Psychological crisis interventions in Sichuan Province during the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak. Psychiatry Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2020.112895