By accessing, visiting or using www.howitreatcovid19.com or any related services (collectively the “Website”), contacting us or agreeing to receive emails from us, you accept the terms and conditions of this Policy.
This Policy does not extend to websites operated by third parties. We are therefore not liable for their privacy policies, procedures and practices.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect your personal information in several ways, including when you request information, enter information on our Website, subscribe for newsletter, contact us by telephone or by email, post on our social media accounts, etc. Depending on the circumstances, personal information may include your first name, last name, email address, phone number, username and password.
We also collect data relating to your visit to our Website. This information may include your IP address, the date, time and duration of your visits as well as the web pages you consulted.
Generally-speaking, we use 1st and 3rd-party session and persistent cookies. The cookies set by us are called “1st-party cookies” and the cookies set by our third-party partners and service providers are called “3rd-party cookies”. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you close your browser or until you manually delete it (for the former, how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie and your browser settings). Persistent cookies help us recognize you as an existing user of our Website, so it’s easier and convenient to return to our Website or interact with our Services without signing in again. In addition, persistent cookies also help us recognize you when you view a resource belonging to our Website from another website or app (such as an advertisement) and help us record information about your web browsing habits during the lifetime of the persistent cookie.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you close your web browser. Many session cookies are essential to make our Website work correctly, as they typically enable you to move around our Website and use our features.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Necessary Cookies – These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Service and the security of the Website. For example, necessary cookies are used to ensure the functionality of a change from http to https, or to remind you of your cookie preferences if you are prompted to accept or decline certain cookies. We are not required to obtain your consent for these cookies.
- Statistical Cookies – Statistical cookies help us, by collecting and communicating information anonymously, to understand how visitors interact with the Website.
- Marketing Cookies – Marketing cookies are used to track visitors through the Website. The goal is to display ads that are relevant and interesting to the individual user and, therefore, more valuable to third-party publishers and advertisers.
- Social Media Cookies – These cookies are used to allow you to share or like our pages and content through third-party social media websites.
You can also visit the below link for an overview of how to block or delete cookies on the most common browsers: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to disable all cookies. Disabling cookies on your browser could adversely affect your browsing experience on the Website.
USE AND COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION
We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your personal information to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it. We use and disclose your personal information mainly:
- to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Website, to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users of the Website;
- to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Website, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality;
- to send you communications subject to applicable laws; or
- for any other purposes authorized or required by law.
When we disclose your personal information to service providers, we take reasonable measures to ensure that the rules set forth in this Policy are complied with.
In the event of a change of ownership, sale, merger, liquidation, reorganization or acquisition of our company, in whole or in part, your personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Your personal information is stored in Quebec (Canada). However, it may be stored and processed in any country in which we engage service providers. By using our Website, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
We will maintain your personal information for as long as a business need exists, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders. If you would like more information on the periods during which your personal information will be kept, please contact us using the contact details in the “Contact Us” section below.
We have implemented various physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information under our control. However, no security measures are absolute or wholly guaranteed.
RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the personal information that we hold, and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law.
However, to make sure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information.
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Website, and indicate the date of the latest revision, and will comply with applicable law. Your continued use of the Website after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or your personal information, to make an access or correction request, to make a complaint, or to obtain information about our policies and practices with respect to any service providers outside Canada, our Privacy Officer can be reached by email using the following contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Last Update: March 2020]