The role of radiologists in the COVID-19 pandemic consists mainly of :
- Early detection of any lung abnormalities signalling potential pneumonia in at risk patients.
- Evaluation of disease severity and potential complications such as acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- When radiological signs present, suspicion of bacterial secondary infection.
- Education of trainees and clinicians on imaging findings in patients with COVID-19.
This data was provided by :
- An editorial letter from South Korea
- A review article from Canada
- Kim, H. (2020). Outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19): What is the role of radiologists?. European Radiology. doi: 10.1007/s00330-020-06748-2. Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00330-020-06748-2
- Nasir, M., Roberts, J., Muller, N., Macri, F., Mohammed, M., & Akhlaghpoor, S. et al. (2020). The Role of Emergency Radiology in COVID-19: From Preparedness to Diagnosis. Canadian Association Of Radiologists Journal, 084653712091641. doi: 10.1177/0846537120916419. Retrieved from : http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0846537120916419?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori:rid:crossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3dpubmed